3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2011 9:02 AM by salaboy21

How to know next humantask is available or not?

ram-biradar

Hi All,

I've a Workflow with humantasks.In my portal application,in Java code,when I'm executing one humantask I need to know whether next humantask is available(present) or not..If it is present only,I will forward to next JSP or any other page.Can you suggest me some methods or API to do this..Please help me to get rid of this issue.

Thanks in Advance

• 1. Re: How to know next humantask is available or not?
          salaboy21

Are you using jBPM5? Your problem doesn't look like an issue, I mean, you need to understand how the frameworks work in order to use the human task features.

Cheers

• 2. Re: How to know next humantask is available or not?
            ram-biradar

Thank you Salatino for quick response.Yes Its a problem(not an issue),I am very new to JBPM , I could not find available API and methods related to JBPM to find out whether next human task is available or not..

Is there any methods and classes to find the list of available tasknames in the workflow.

My requirement is:-I'm using Liferay6.0 with JBPM5.In my JBPM worflow I've one flow as:

humantask1----scripttask1-----humantask2------scripttask2------humantask3-----scripttask3-----humantask4-----scripttask4

After execution of humantask1,flow will automatically go to scripttask1 and executes it.After execution of scripttask1,I want to find whether any humantask(humantask2) is available or not.So that If the humantask(humantask2) is available,I will pass the control to my required JSP.

Thanks

• 3. Re: How to know next humantask is available or not?
              salaboy21

You can use the Human Task APIs to look for the tasks that are currently assigned to the Role asociated with the Human Task 2. Did you check the docs inside the jbpm.org site? Here is a simple example that shows how to interact with human tasks in jbpm5.

https://github.com/esteban-aliverti/JBPM-Samples/tree/master/Simple-Human-Task-Sample

Cheers