On insistance of Tihomir Surdilovic i m posting all my Questions , doubts in one thread here. Some of the Questions may appear very generic , with no reference to any business process or use case . Thanks in advance for all the help.
1. Does jBPM provide any role - based access control ? How ? In what way ?
2. Are all actions and changes made at runtime auditable ? Can you site any example.
3. Does jBPM integrate with external systems for availability management? Availability Managements in the sense i mean the use of mechanisms such as recovery and fail-over to support the system availability.
4. Are there any automated failover capabilities?
5. Does the solution support distribution of the execution environment?
6. Does the solution provide central logging, especially if distributed?
7.Can an administrator drill down from high level workflows through to the low level process or even rules? In what way ?
8.Can the runtime data be easily debugged? A complete trace is available? I know say for eg breakpoints cannot be set when debugging a unit test . So any other way is it possible to debug runtime data. ?
9.Can the deployment(say deployment of assets like flows , rules ) be automated via a continuous integration facility, e.g. via Ant, Maven, Hudson?
10.Does jBPM support Service Component Architecture (SCA) and XML Process Definition Language (XPDL) ?
11.Does jBPM support integration with Visio/MS Office in order to have a technology agnostic repository of workflows?
12.Can Rules be modified at run-time ?
13.Are there any pre-defined patterns, built-in functionality or settings to allow identification of technical errors or bottlenecks ? Technical errors as in errors causing a business rule or process failure.
14. KPIs(key process indicators) and business rules can support multiple calendars (peak time, vacation, week-end…) both for the severity and the associated action to avoid or reduce the impact or severity of a fault close to the cut-off time.
How and to which extent does jBPM allow and facilitate multiple calendars’ setup and amendments including the assignment of such rule, KPIs to those calendars and different contexts?
15. How does the interaction between process, service and data tiers occur ? Which protocols are used ?
16. Does jBPM provide a seamless solution to integrate different application styles like , SOA, CEP and Web Applications? One possible scenario is the provisioning of hooks for each application styles, via adapters, or a real composition, like in SCA.
17. Does the IDE provide seamless views into DBMS , ERPs ? If yes , how ?
18. Does the IDE provide a data-driven view in order to model process data focus on data processing?
19. Does the IDE provide visual development capabilities? Specially features beyond the simple process modeling.
20. Can jBPM be deployed on cloud ?
21. Can I&AM systems be integrated? If yes, which?