great start-up guide.
I would point out that some of steps are covered in Developer Guide:
(just some of steps are left unexpressed - setting up Java/Maven/Eclipse, which you covered much better)
Just for your question, what extra steps I typically do:
- installing M2E (Maven for Eclipse) + M2E WTP (Web Tools Platform)
- installating JBoss Tools Maven integrations
- covered in docs link above
- installing JBoss AS 7
- it has best support with JBoss Tools (I hasn't succeded so much with Glassfish/Eclipse integration)
- setting up JBoss Tools Server Runtimes support
- running JBoss AS from IDE
It would be great to create an article from your notes (here on RichFaces Users space). It could be specifically targetting Glassfish. The advantage is others could modify and improve your content + it is indexed by search engines. ;-)
Nice Post from you. I would appreciate and congrats.
It is not required to set JAVA_HOME env variable in new new versions (3.1.x); as described in asadmin.bat file. Open the file in text, search for "AS_JAVA" / "JAVA_HOME".