0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2012 4:08 PM by fuankarion

Richfaces 4.1 and GAE

fuankarion

Hi,

Is it possible to use richfaces 4.1 inside Google App Engine? is there any maven plugin like in 4.0.0?.

I have already created an app with richfaces 4.0 that runs ok on GAE, in order to use richafces 4.1, I just updated the richfaces jars, so I replaced:

richfaces-components-api-4.0.0.Final.jar

richfaces-components-ui-4.0.0.Final.jar

richfaces-core-api-4.0.0.Final.jar

richfaces-core-impl-4.0.0.Final.jar

with those of the 4.1.0 release; The app compiles, but on deployment it produces the following error

[java] WARNING: Error starting handlers

[java] java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class

which, I think, is is caused by an earlier exception (I'll provide the full stacktrace if you need it):

[java] SEVERE: An error occured while initializing MyFaces: duplicate key: class javax.faces.convert.FloatConverter

[java] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: duplicate key: class javax.faces.convert.FloatConverter

[java] at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:115)

I've googled this exception around, and some suggest that the error happens if the sources of the richfaces libraries are included in the web-inf/lib directory, I'm totally sure this is not the case. Furthermore I can only find one implementation of javax.faces.convert.FloatConverter, it is included in the jar "myfaces-api-2.0.4.jar".

As soon as I switch the jars for those of richfaces 4.0, everything works fine

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fuanka