1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 11:20 AM by alexh_97

How to enable Jackson JAX-RS provider or tell which provider is being used?

alexh_97

Hi all,

I am new to the wonderful world of JBoss and I'm trying to write a simple JAX-RS application.  After numerous searches and frustrating attempts at trying to figure this out, I'm hoping that someone can give me an answer on this forum.

In general my application is working (I can make a web service call to my app, and it retrieves the required info from the DB and returns JSON back).  The only problem I have is that it's not correctly encoding my String backed enum fields.  I should mention that my value classes and enums are annotated with JAXB annotations (so I can also produce XML output).  In hopes of fixing this, I annotated my enum with @IgnoreMediaTypes("application/json") and @JsonSerialize(), giving it an enum serializer class that I implemented.  This didn't make a difference.

So my question is - do I need to do anything special to make sure that Jackson provider is being used for my JSON serialization/deserialization?  How can I tell which provider is being picked by the system?  I'm using JBoss 7.0.2 Final.

Thanks.