1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 8:52 AM by smarlow

Deploy 2 different web applications containing same persistence unit

sathwik.bp

Hi,

We have 2 web applications

1) axis2-services.war

2) ui-webapp.war

Both these applciations use one common utility  jar which needs OpenJPA 2.1.0

Under axis2 we have a service which has the common utilty jar under it's  lib directory as shown below

axis2-services/services/myService.aar/lib/commonUtility.jar

ui-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/commonUtility.jar

I have configured Jboss specific property, the provider module in the persistence.xml of commonUtility.jar

The openjpa module is configured under JB7.1-Final-Snapshot/modules/org/apache/openjpa/main

Problem is when I deploy only axis2 I get the error

Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named org.xxx

But when I deploy ui-webapp along side axis2-services, I see that the deployment is successful without any errors.

From the startup logs I see that the persistence unit service is started for ui-webapp, but there is no entry for starting the persistence unit service for the axis2.

13:00:22,894 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-8) Starting deployment of "ui-webapp.war"

13:00:22,894 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) Starting deployment of "axis2-services.war"

13:00:25,374 INFO  [org.jboss.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS011401: Read persistence.xml for org.xxx

13:00:26,005 INFO  [org.jboss.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS011402: Starting Persistence Unit Service 'ui-webapp.war#org.xxx'

As per the spec 6.2.2 Persistence Unit Scope

A persistence unit that is defined at the level of an EJB-JAR, WAR, or application client jar is scoped to that EJB-JAR, WAR, or application jar respectively and is visible to the components defined in that jar or war.

Can anyone help me in this.

regards,

sathwik