0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 3:10 PM by jwhaddad

Jscookmenu problem after introducing RichFaces

jwhaddad

Hi,

I recently introduced RichFaces into our product to take advantage of the components it provides.  Unfortunately, I'm tied to very old versions... MyFaces 1.1.5, Tiles 1.x, Tomahawk 1.1.6, etc. and so I had to go with RichFaces 3.1.6.  I spent a lot of time attempting to update to MyFaces 2.x/Facelets/RichFaces 4.x, but in the end it was just to costly to do this.  So, I'm stuck with the old stuff.

My problem is that after adding RichFaces and making the necessary changes to replace my old version of ajax4jsf with the one that is embedded in the RichFaces distribution, several of my Jscookmenu dropdown menus display beneath any html elements that are located where the dropdown box displays.  This only happens in IE (the menus display fine in Firefox).  For example, for some menus, there are <A> links below the dropdown.  When I mouseover the jscookmenu, the links' text shows through the menu and the it is almost impossible to click on the menu item links because the underlying hyperlinks get the focus from the cursor and mouse clicks bring me to underlying <A> link location instead of the menu item target location.

I can't think of any reason why introducing RichFaces would bring this issue on since Jscookmenu is all html and javascript (no ajax involved as far as I know), but this is the case.

TIA for any suggestions.

Justin