I just downloaded and unzipped JBoss AS 7.1. I have read that it supports EJB 2.1. I have a large application currently deployed on JBoss 4.0.4 and I was hoping to find some documentation that would explain how to copy my files to the AS7 layout.
In my 4.0.4 environment I have:
(1) server/myconfig/deploy: my application's jars and wars
my application's datasource files
(2) server/myconfig/deploy/jms: xml files containing the jms queue/topic definitions my application uses
(3) server/myconfig/deploy/lib: 3rd party jars I rely on in
my application's non-ejb jars in server/myconfig/deploy/lib
(4) server/myconfig/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml; some config changes from the defaults in
(5) server/myconfig/conf: standardjboss.xml including my application's container definitions
keystore file (referenced from server/myconfig/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml)
If JBoss AS7 supports EJB 2.1, can I copy the above without modification from my 4.0.4 area to the corresponding AS7 area?
If so, are these the equivalent areas...
server/myconfig/deploy = /jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/deployments
server/myconfig/deploy/jms = /jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/deployments/jms
server/myconfig/lib = /jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/lib/ext
server/myconfig/conf = /jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b/standalone/configuration
server/myconfig/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar = ??
Thank you for any help.
You won't have a one-to-one mapping of those deployment configurations. For classloading you'll have to go through https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Class+Loading+in+AS7
For the rest of the configurations and administration take a look at the Getting Started Guide and other documentation here https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/Documentation