2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2012 4:56 AM by cjahn

a4j:queue - enabling concurrent requests

cjahn

Hi,

using RF4.1 final and MyFaces 2.1.5, I tried to enable concurrent ajax request processing.

There does not seem to be an option to set a timeout on a queue, or to allow a queue to start up to n parallel requests?

Even using two queues, I found that a request in one queue has to wait until a request in the other queue is completed.

Is it possible to disable queuing altogether, and send a request immediately, no matter if other requests are pending or not?

Thanks and best regards,

Carsten

• 1. Re: a4j:queue - enabling concurrent requests
          kevfuzz

Hi Carsten,

Did you get anywhere on this or come up with a workaround?

I have the very same issue.

Regards,

Kevin.

• 2. Re: a4j:queue - enabling concurrent requests
            cjahn

Hi Kevin,

I changed some of my a4j:commandButtons to h:commandButton to get a full page refresh (including working queues), because these buttons already did an almost complete page refresh with ajax. The h:commandButton does of course always work, even if the a4j queue is blocked.

I also found that the a4j queue can be blocked if the user clicks an ajax-enabled element while the page is still loading. I cannot reproduce this, however, sometimes the first click during page load is just swallowed and further clicks work as expected.

So it's not even a workaround.

Anyone else experiencing blocked queues (even if the server already responded)?

Regards,

Carsten