2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 5:33 AM by Luigi Oneto

jboss ws cxf client istantiated from a spring context without spring libraries in common/lib

Luigi Oneto Newbie

Hi all, I am a newbie in jboss ws

I am developing a "headless" jboss/web application which is loaded and started by means of a spring application context;

which in turn is loaded by a spring ContextLoaderListener configured in the web.xml;

the application connects to external devices and communicates with remote applications using web services (client and service);

the spring libraries are not deployed in the common/lib directory (Jboss-6.1.0-Final)

when instantiating the client proxy to a remote web service,

I receive a (well known) exception thrown during the execution of the the javax.xml.ws.Service constructor:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/BeansException

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.configuration.JBossWSBusFactory.getSpringBusFactory(JBossWSBusFactory.java:120)

the exception in due to the missing spring jars in the common/lib directory, while the spring libraries are available in the current thread context classpath.

After examination of the classes

org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.ProviderImpl and

org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.configuration.JbossWSBusFactory,

I inserted the following code, before the invocation of the javax.xml.ws.Service constructor (through an extending class):

BusFactory busFactory = BusFactory.newInstance();

if (busFactory instanceof JBossWSBusFactory)

BusFactory.setThreadDefaultBus(((JBossWSBusFactory)busFactory).getNonSpringBusFactory().createBus());

MyService service = new MyService(..

where MyService extends javax.xml.ws.Service.

and now the service client is istantiated ok.

Required (provided scope) jars in the compilation classpath,

from directory %JBOSS_HOME%/ client:

cxf-api.jar, cxf-rt-core.jar, jbossws-cxf-client.jar

My question:

can the same result be achieved with modification of the jboss ws cxf ... configuration files ?

thanks to all,

Luigi