2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 11:34 AM by tom_goring

Seam persistence and flush mode

andrewwheeler

I'm tinkering with seam persistence (Beta1). The documentation is a little light on how to set the flush mode to manual. I tried using a managed bean (@Named, not @ManagedBean) but after calling a method from my JSF page using ajax the transaction is flushed causing validation errors.

The documentation just stops with TODO: The next section needs to be updated to seam 3. and has copied verbatim from the seam 2 manual.

Also, if it hasn't been considered perhaps the default behavior could be manual flush. Would it be appropriate to set this as an attribute of @SeamManaged(flushMode=FlushModeType.MANUAL)? Of course this could be over-ridden on each bean.

When combining EJB session beans and CDI managed beans should the session bean @Inject the seam managed entityManager or use the @PersistenceContext annotation?

When injecting the seam managed entityManager into beans other the @ConversationScoped such as @RequestScoped what are the implications given that the seam managed provider is scoped as @ConversationScoped as in the following code:

@SeamManaged
      @Produces 
      @PersistenceUnit 
      @ConversationScoped
      EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory;

• 1. Re: Seam persistence and flush mode
          blabno

I've just hit the same problem.

You can set default flush mode in beans.xml (or seam-beans.xml):

<persistence:FlushModeManagerImpl>

<persistence:flushModeType>MANUAL</persistence:flushModeType>

</persistence:FlushModeManagerImpl>

(xmlns:persistence="urn:java:org.jboss.seam.persistence")

Or programatically by injecting FlushModeManager and invoking setFlushModeType..

• 2. Re: Seam persistence and flush mode
            tom_goring

Hi Bernard,

thanks for this link.

Couple of questions:

1) If I add the above to my beans.xml I get

cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'persistence:FlushModeManagerImpl'. One of '{"http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/

javaee":decorators, "http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee":alternatives}' is expected.

could you provide a full example?

2) If I want to set flush mode manual programtically for all my entity managers where should I do this? (I've done it on a interceptor on my service layer which works).

3) Flush Mode Manual still requires me in my service layer call flush on the entity manager.  I want this to auto happen for me when the conversation completes.

How should I go about this ? can I listen to the conversation ending generically ?

Thanks in advance.