1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 1, 2011 3:11 PM by sewatech

Seam Solder in SE environment

sewatech

Hi everybody,

Happy new year. This is my first post on this forum. I hope it will be useful to the seam and CDI community.

I'm giving a try to Seam Solder 3.0.0.Beta1 in a SE environment, with Weld 1.0.
      I have the following on startup :

Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: Exception #0 :null
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.events.AbstractDefinitionContainerEvent.fire(AbstractDefinitionContainerEvent.java:45)
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.events.ProcessAnnotatedTypeImpl.fire(ProcessAnnotatedTypeImpl.java:44)
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployer.addClass(BeanDeployer.java:61)
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployer.addClasses(BeanDeployer.java:88)
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.BeanDeployment.deployBeans(BeanDeployment.java:134)
           at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.WeldBootstrap.deployBeans(WeldBootstrap.java:377)
           at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.Weld.initialize(Weld.java:79)
           at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.StartMain.go(StartMain.java:45)
           at org.jboss.weld.environment.se.StartMain.main(StartMain.java:57)

This exception occurs only when starting with StartMain, not when initializing Weld with

new Weld().initialize()

Alexis

• 1. Re: Seam Solder in SE environment
          sewatech

OK, I found what was wrong : I had a managed bean class outside of any package.

I reproduced the problem with Weld 1.1.0 CR1. I had a NPE in the org.jboss.seam.solder.core.CoreExtension class, at line 114 ; the pkg variable was null.

I can now continue my try. I'll probably be back on the forum for some other questions.