3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 3:00 PM by infinity2heaven

Simple jee 6 compliance seam_weld demo project incompatible on jboss and glassfish

infinity2heaven

I was able to deploy the base weld archetype project into glassfish3 and jboss6.However, when I added seam3 jars to it with no change in functionality except these:
      -- swapped weld-extensions jar with seam-solder
      -- changed org.slf4j.Logger to org.jboss.logging.Logger in two service files
      -- changed to mysql

I'm not able to deploy on glassfish anymore (continues to deploy on jboss6 though). I can verify that mysql ds is working fine on glassfish. On initial deploy using asadmin, it threw a persistence error on SeedDataImporter so I removed the file and ran again and here is the error.

com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Exception while deploying the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unknown JCDI-enabled managed bean com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer@371c24d2 of class class com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.ServletContainer

It seems that there's a jira issue fixed on glassfish 3.1b.

My question is, if a simple JEE6 compliance demo project like this one can't guarantee compatibility among standard JEE6 containers, what's the point of working on a JEE6 project?