2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 4:42 AM by phantasmo

NoSQL support in the future?

phantasmo

I'm looking into frameworks that can ease the NoSQL development. At the moment I'm most interested in Neo4j and Riak.
      I've seen Spring supports these quite nicely in the form of Spring Data project, but I don't think that's of much help since I'm planning to build my project using Seam 3.
      Is it realistic to expect some similar support for NoSQL DBs in Seam in the near future or at least a way to integrate with Spring Data?

NoSQLs are becoming very popular so I can see Seam benefiting by having support for them... although Spring is there first.

• 1. Re: NoSQL support in the future?
          justin.justinwyer.gmail.com

Spring Data has JPA support does it not? I suppose you could switch out Hibernate for Spring Data JPA as your persistence provider, you will need to understand the FlushMode issues around doing that though.

• 2. Re: NoSQL support in the future?
            phantasmo

I don't think that's how it goes. There's no JPA support for NoSQL storages... Those two are completely independent parts of Spring Data, so switching JPA providers wouldn't get me working with Riak (or Neo4j or whatever NoSQL).
            Although it's not what I was looking for, project Kundera might be of interest to some. It is a JPA 1.0 compliant ORM for Cassandra.