1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 11:31 AM by ltheobald

BeanManagerUnavailableException: Failed to locate BeanManager

ltheobald

Hi all,

I'm banging my head against a brick wall with a certain problem and I'd really appreciate some help.  I've developed my little Seam 3 app and I'm trying to deploy it.  It's worked on my local Windows machine, it's worked on a development server but when it comes to a live server, I hit the following exception:

10-Aug-2011 13:59:23 com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager initialize
      INFO: Unsanitized stacktrace from failed start...
      org.jboss.seam.solder.beanManager.BeanManagerUnavailableException: Failed to locate BeanManager using any of these providers: org.jboss.seam.solder.beanManager.DefaultJndiBeanManagerProvider(11), org.jboss.seam.solder.beanManager.ServletContainerJndiBeanManagerProvider(10)
              at org.jboss.seam.solder.beanManager.BeanManagerLocator.getBeanManager(BeanManagerLocator.java:91)

The same code seems to be failing on different machines, even if the JDK's and Tomcat versions are the same.  I've also installed a second instance of Tomcat (newer than the instance where the code works) on one of the servers where the code works, but on that Tomcat version it doesn't work.  So I have one server, two different versions of Tomcat running the same war file - it works on one, doesn't on the other.

Is Seam 3 really that fragile? That a package application can fail between two Tomcat versions?  And I'm talking between 6.0.28 and 6.0.32 here - not that big a jump.

Or could it be a problem in my code?  I've followed the documentation on Tomcat etc. and it works great in some instances.

I anyone has any clue of what I could look into going forward, I'd appreciate it as I just can't get this code running on the server I need it too.