4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2013 5:04 AM by rahul22

Quartz Job with Seam 3 and Jboss 7?

rumiat

Hi,

I am trying to schedule a cron job in seam 3 with JBoss 7 but so far no success. Can anybody shed some lights how can I do this?

• 1. Re: Quartz Job with Seam 3 and Jboss 7?
          rumiat

I am able to schedule and execute job but during execution when it invokes my EJB it throws SQLException, looks like somewhere I am lacking concepts how to use cron with EJBs or MDBs. Help required desperately!

• 2. Re: Quartz Job with Seam 3 and Jboss 7?
            guidbona.guidbona.yahoo.com

Rumiat, I assume you are using Seam Cron. I'm not sure that Seam Cron integrates properly with an EJB container such as JBoss, probably you'd better use the EJB 3.1 Timer API.

If you do, just remember to:

• download the latest JBoss 7 (currently 7.0.2.Final) Full version (the certified Web profile version does not support timers)

• use the standalone-preview or domain-preview configuration (for the same reason)

• 3. Re: Quartz Job with Seam 3 and Jboss 7?
              rumiat

Guido,

You have solved my problem. I really appreciate your help and have applied your solution to my work and it works like charm!!! Bundles of Thanks

• 4. Re: Quartz Job with Seam 3 and Jboss 7?
                rahul22

hi,

its good to hear your problem is solved , so can you please let some light on my doubts ???

are you familiar with seam 2 ???

I'm migrating from seam 2 to seam 3 and seam 2 we have things like QuartzTriggerHandler  , @intervacron

do you know how to migrate them.

???//

Thanks