6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2011 4:12 AM by piklos

Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?

hantsy

I have used Richfaces 4 and seam3 in our new application, but the experience is not good at Richfaces 3.3 and Seam2.

Is there someone using Seam3 with other JSF components, such as ICEFaces2.x, Primefaces2.x/3.x, OpenFaces 3.x...

Can u share your experiences here?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
          piklos

I'm using seam 3 with primefaces and richfaces.
          Primefaces have a lot more components that are better looking, but they are full of bugs. Ok I am using primefaces 3.0 M4 (a milestone release) now and it is barely usable. I eagerly swith to newer milestone hoping to find bugs fixed but more often then not i discover that they have changed APIs or namespaces (like the latest m4)It seems to me that those guys focus on adding new components all the time without investing time into fixing bugs or doing a thorough test of the existing ones.
          Personally I mainly use 'vanila' JSF, only when i need advance components i use primefaces, and only when the bugs become to great for me to fix i turn to richfaces for components.

My 2c.

Cheers.

• 2. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
            lightguard

Openfaces would be another good one to examine.

• 3. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
              nickarls

I'm using ICEfaces 2 and it's OKish.

• 4. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
                ansarbasha

I'm using primefaces, check it our here http://www.nhscontractjobs.co.uk

thanks
                ansar

• 5. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
                  hantsy

ansar basha wrote on Nov 03, 2011 12:59:

I'm using primefaces, check it our here http://www.nhscontractjobs.co.uk

thanks
                  ansar

This website look very pretty.

I used Seam 3.1 Beta4, Richfaces4.1M3, JSF 2.0.2FCS, JBoss, the first problem I encountered before is the ajax only works with jsf 2.0.2...I used CDI bean as jsf backend bean directly.

I also encountered the render problem in richfaces popupPanel.

I browsed the richfaces showcase source codes, they are using jsf backend bean in demo, not CDI bean.

I do not know if I separate jsf backben bean from CDI can avoid some problems...

In another word, change the invoke approach from facelet-> CDI Bean to facelet -> jsf back bean(use jsf scope and jsf ManagedBean annotation)-> CDI bean.

Can u share ur programming style or design ...Thanks.

• 6. Re: Is there someone use Seam 3 without RichFaces4?
                    piklos

You probably used mojarra 2.0.2. The best advice somebody can give you is switch to MyFaces implementation of JSF. I did that couple of months ago and my life became easier.
                    Ajax works as long with (almost) anything else. There is no need to separate CDI from JSF beans, in fact it is a design flaw to do so. Just take myfaces 2.1.2 and most jsf or ajax problem should be gone.
                    If they persist shout.