I also tried to set the SUBREPORTDIR value to the folder name where are my reports in the WEB-INF folder, and, even if the stack trace is a bit different, I still have the same issue:
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Could not load object from location : jasperreports/usecasedesc.jasper
Try to place then under WEB-INF/classes (on src/main/resources if you're In maven). If still doesn't work, please file a JIRA issue and I'll happy to check it when possible.
Seam Reports module leader
Thx. Gonna try this right now.
OK. I added the jrxml in the folder and it didn't work.
So I added the .jasper too and it worked.
I don't understand where the jrxml files are compiled. The best solution would be to embbed only the .jasper files but it doesn't work for me.
When I use:
JasperPrint fillReport = JasperFillManager.fillReport(report,parameters, connection);
starting from an InputStream on the jasper file, it doesn't work. I don't understand why: i have standard logs without any error and then at some point:
13:45:08,890 INFO [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionManager] Closing a connection for you. Please close them yourself: org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.jdk6.WrappedConnectionJDK6@5fe54e64: java.lang.Throwable: STACKTRACE
Anyway, using the jrxml as the entry point (which is working using a report without any subreport), the first subreport is found, but at some point, I have an error I really don't understand (especially knowing that launching this report from iReport works perfectly): at some point I have a NullPointerException
Setting a breakpoint on NPE's, I succeeded into isolating this: the NPE seems to occur in JRCalculator, at line 580, in evaluateEstimated(JRExpression expression). The expression parameter as null as its value class and this causes the NPE to be thrown. I don't understand why ...
It seems that for some reason, one of the variables which is perfectly working with iReport doesn't work here.
This is a variable which is used to build a table of content.
Its name is MASTERPAGENUMBER
and its expression is:
The paramater PARENTPAGE is well evaluated, PAGENUMBER too.
I tried changing it to:
Nothing works, I still have null as expression value for this one :-/
OK. I finally found why I had so many issues: seam reports is based upon jasper reports 4.0.1 and I designed my reports with iReport 4.1.1 based on jasper reports 4.1.1. It seems that the 4.1.1 version is more flexible, and when I downloaded iReport 4.0.1 and tried to compile my reports with it, I was able to find some errors solve them.
Now, even loading directly the .jasper works :D
Thanks for the help !!!