3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2009 11:05 PM by gavin.king

beans.xml

asookazian

So I just built the jsf example in Weld 1.0.0-CR1.  I noticed that the contents of the beans.xml files are all empty (except for <beans></beans> in a couple cases).

The ref docs is not available in the doc folder?  So is the beans.xml similar to applicationContext.xml (bean factory in Spring) or components.xml in Seam?

• 1. Re: beans.xml
          gavin.king

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Have you tried reading the spec?

• 2. Re: beans.xml
            asookazian

ok, so not sure if my comparison of beans.xml to the other descriptors was valid or not (I have a feeling it was at least partially valid but whatever). 

nevertheless, I did find some interesting info regarding beans.xml in the 299 spec (beans.xml is similar to Seam's seam.properties in that if it's not there, Seam will not scan the classpath entry if it does not contain the marker file?)

If a bean is deployed in an archive or directory that does not contain a file named beans.xml in the metadata directory, it
            will not be discovered by the container.

And you can activate/use custom deployment types, decorators and interceptors by adding appropriate metadata to the beans.xml.

Is it possible to include/create more than one beans.xml per app (like struts-config.xml and add'l modules named differently)?

• 3. Re: beans.xml
              gavin.king

I think it's very clear from the spec that there is one per module.