1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 26, 2010 5:28 PM by pmuir

Difficulty with building Weld Examples

hhcofcmds
      Hi
      I'm trying to get the Weld NumberGuess example built. I started 'ant' from my command line nearly 50 minutes ago, and maven seems to be still downloading really weird stuff. I guess it won't be necessary on each build. I am not familiar with maven, so this might be why I find this quite inconvenient.

Well, I am actually trying to figure out what files a proper EAR or WAR of a Weld application should contain. I had the same difficulty two years ago when I started to build my first Seam application. The documentation contains no information about this - well, at least not in the place where I think it should be (http://docs.jboss.org/weld/reference/1.0.0/en-US/html/gettingstarted.html#jbossas ).
      I might be old-fashioned, but I like to have my own build scripts for my projects, because many times I started to use some eclipse plugins and wizards (like jboss tools), I ended up not being able to add some special build step.
      These wizards help a lot to get started - but as I want to set up my own build script, the information I need is the exact necessary EAR structure to get an application working.

thanks in advance,
      Gabor