9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2009 12:38 AM by Sajid Khan

    Problem in FireFox

    Sajid Khan Newbie

      Hello I am a newbie to RichFaces. i am currently having a problem with styleClass. everthing seems to be working fine on internet explorer but when i run my app on firefox styleClass attribute for some components is ignored i.e. it is working fine for Select controle but for input field its not working I googled this problem and found that this problem is due to controle skinng property and suggested solutions was

      <context-param>
      <param-name>org.richfaces.CONTROL_SKINNING</param-name>
      <param-value>enable</param-value>
      </context-param>

      entry in web.xml but when i enter this code in web.xml all disabled fields apper same as enabled. although they are disabled but their apperance looks like enabled fields any suggestions are highly appreciated

      kindly help me out
      Thanks and Regards in advance.

        • 1. Re: Problem in FireFox
          Ilya Shaikovsky Master

           

          <context-param>
          <param-name>org.richfaces.CONTROL_SKINNING</param-name>
          <param-value>enable</param-value>
          </context-param>


          this not related to "styleClass not applied problem."

          please provide the code and screenshot for the original problem.

          • 2. Re: Problem in FireFox
            Sajid Khan Newbie

            thanks for replying ... well its very simple in firefox styleclass is not working for inputtext fields while its working fine for Selectone list ox. when i run in IExplorer then it works for all components...and i dont see any problm. can u give any suggetions....

            • 3. Re: Problem in FireFox
              Sajid Khan Newbie

              kindly tell me why this code is used.

              <context-param>
              <param-name>org.richfaces.CONTROL_SKINNING</param-name>
              <param-value>enable</param-value>
              </context-param>

              • 4. Re: Problem in FireFox
                Ilya Shaikovsky Master

                 

                "sajidpucit" wrote:
                thanks for replying ... well its very simple in firefox styleclass is not working for inputtext fields while its working fine for Selectone list ox. when i run in IExplorer then it works for all components...and i dont see any problm. can u give any suggetions....


                show css class you applying to inputText

                • 5. Re: Problem in FireFox
                  Ilya Shaikovsky Master

                   

                  "sajidpucit" wrote:
                  kindly tell me why this code is used.

                  <context-param>
                  <param-name>org.richfaces.CONTROL_SKINNING</param-name>
                  <param-value>enable</param-value>
                  </context-param>


                  It's used in order to add our additional skinning classes to make standard elements looking as our skinned components. check docs on that.

                  • 6. Re: Problem in FireFox
                    Sajid Khan Newbie

                     

                    "ilya_shaikovsky" wrote:
                    "sajidpucit" wrote:
                    thanks for replying ... well its very simple in firefox styleclass is not working for inputtext fields while its working fine for Selectone list ox. when i run in IExplorer then it works for all components...and i dont see any problm. can u give any suggetions....


                    show css class you applying to inputText



                    well i am not applying any of my custom style class... instead i am using built in style class.. the field which is causing the problem is a disabled field . i.e. its atribute disabled is set to true... when i run in IExplorer its background is different from others and text style is also different and field is disabled.... while in firefox field is disabled but it looks very similar to other fields.... I hope the problem is clear now....


                    • 7. Re: Problem in FireFox
                      Ilya Shaikovsky Master

                       

                       <style>
                       input[disabled="disabled"]{
                       background-color:gray !important;
                       background-image: none;
                       }
                       </style>
                      


                      works for me.

                      • 8. Re: Problem in FireFox
                        Sajid Khan Newbie

                         

                        "ilya_shaikovsky" wrote:
                         <style>
                         input[disabled="disabled"]{
                         background-color:gray !important;
                         background-image: none;
                         }
                         </style>
                        


                        works for me.


                        hmm... but where should i write this code??? on my page?

                        • 9. Re: Problem in FireFox
                          Sajid Khan Newbie

                          Thanks ilya_shaikovsky ... i finally resolved the issue by using your code thanks alot...