3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2008 5:20 PM by sandman202

Layout Created Using Seam-gen

sandman202

I used 'seam new-project' to create my project. There are 4 different user roles I am using within my project. Each role will have a separate folder under the view (web) folder for security. Then restrict the users within the pages.xml. Everything is fine up to this point.

The problem is with the xhtml files under the layout folder. These don't work under sub-folders. I can make some basic changes to use:

#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}

but I am unable to use it on the
      s:decorate

. Beyond having to have all of my xhtml files directly under the view folder or having a separate layout under each one of the sub-folders, is there a way to make changes to the current layout structure that will work with sub-folders?

Thanks,
      Scott

• 1. Re: Layout Created Using Seam-gen
          keithnaas

When you move the files to a subfolder, are those files updated to use a relative path parent notation (../)?

Keith

• 2. Re: Layout Created Using Seam-gen
            sandman202

Yes, I've tried that, but not everything looks the same. The only part that seems to look right is the menu.xhtml. The buttons, error messages region and the output text(field name), input and error message on the field have a vertical alignment, not horizontal. On the template.xhtml I am using:

#{facesContext.externalContext.requestContextPath}

and everything else I am using (../).

• 3. Re: Layout Created Using Seam-gen
              sandman202

I went back through and had to fix the path to the stylesheet and it is displaying correctly now. However, it would be nice to have just one layout which can be used no matter how many sub-folders are defined.