1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 10, 2008 8:49 PM by Emmanuel Rousselle

    Character encoding issue

    Emmanuel Rousselle Newbie

      Hello,


      I currently have a weird character encoding issue when submitting form data.


      My problem is that submitted form data that contain non-english characters will get improperly encoded when submitted with h:commandButton or h:commandLink, but will get properly encoded when submitted with a:commandButton or a:commandLink.


      I did make sure that the components.xml configuration file contained character encoding instructions, but that did not solve the issue:



      <components xmlns:web="http://jboss.com/products/seam/web"
      (...)
      <web:character-encoding-filter encoding="UTF-8" override-client="true" url-pattern="*.seam"/>
      



      I would appreciate any information helping me solve this issue or at least helping me understand a bit more what's actually happening under the hood.


      Thanks.

        • 1. Re: Character encoding issue
          Emmanuel Rousselle Newbie

          For the benefit of the forum readers, I did find the source of the problem but not the explanation.


          Anyway, here it is: I upgraded to RichFaces 3.2 when it was released (which has some interesting new components) and it turns out that downgrading to 3.1.3 (in my case) fixed encoding of the submitted form data.


          So to people contemplating upgrading to the latest version of RichFaces, a word of advice: if you need i18 in your app, that may be something you should postpone for now.