6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2008 5:54 PM by Jay Balunas

    Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling

    Mike K Newbie

      Hi I have a strange problem when I deploy my Seam 2.1.0A1 application on a BEA10 Server. I get a never ending redirecting page to my errorpage, but unfortunately no error/stacktrace. The same application works fine on my JBoss 4.2.2GA Server.


      When I switch off the debugging and errorhandling (in my
      pages.xml) the application works fine on the BEA10 as well!
      Is there any problem or extra library needed for errorhandling, or does the seam filter need an extra configuration?
      Please help me as we have to support that platform as well.


      Thanks in advance,
      Mike

        • 1. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
          Jay Balunas Novice

          This sounds like it could be a bug in the alpha code.


          By any chance did you try 2.0.X?  That was the version used to develop the reference guide chapter on weblogic. 


          Could you post the changes that you made in order to have the application function in BEA?


          Also if you have log4j.jar in your application it can cause logging to be hidden (because it is not 100% setup in weblogic).  You could try removing the jar file and see if errors are shown.

          • 2. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
            Mike K Newbie

            Hi I followed your advice and tried the 2.0.2GA.
            I started my project by looking at the examples/jpa with Bea10 configuration.
            Oh and I am currently only using the JSF-Seam extensions without any ebjs...


            But I get the same redirect error even with 2.0.2GA :(


            Btw. the JPA demo doesn't have the seam debugging enabled, so maybe I am the first to test this!?!?...


            THX in advance, Mike

            • 3. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
              Mike K Newbie

              Ohh stupid me!


              It was a wrong jndi.properties file which caused a class not found exception :(


              Problem solved!


              THX Mike

              • 4. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
                Jay Balunas Novice

                Hi Mike,


                I'm glad you found the issue - I've certainly had my share of JNDI config issues ;)


                Let me know if you run into any other problems.


                Jay

                • 5. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
                  Rodolfo Burla Newbie

                  Hi Mike,


                    I'm having the same problem, the redirect never ends, and no errors/stacktrace. But in the Jboss everything is ok.


                    I saw that your problem was something wrong on the jndi.properties, but i'm not using this in my project.


                    Do you know something that can help me??


                  Thanks,


                  Rodolfo Burla.



                  Mike K wrote on May 01, 2008 17:17:


                  Hi I have a strange problem when I deploy my Seam 2.1.0A1 application on a BEA10 Server. I get a never ending redirecting page to my errorpage, but unfortunately no error/stacktrace. The same application works fine on my JBoss 4.2.2GA Server.

                  When I switch off the debugging and errorhandling (in my
                  pages.xml) the application works fine on the BEA10 as well!
                  Is there any problem or extra library needed for errorhandling, or does the seam filter need an extra configuration?
                  Please help me as we have to support that platform as well.

                  Thanks in advance,
                  Mike


                  Click HELP for text formatting instructions. Then edit this text and check the preview.

                  • 6. Re: Redirect loop on BEA10 with Seam 2.1.0A1 while errorhandling
                    Jay Balunas Novice

                    Something is most likely swallowing your exception ;)


                    Here are a couple of things to try. 



                    • If you have log4j jar in your app try taking it out.  Sometimes if it is in it causes problems and hides logging. 



                    If that causes new issues, or does not help, put it back and start your server.



                    • There are setting in the weblogic admin console ( not sure right now ) that force system out to the logs.  By default this is not done.



                    Those setting can be tricky because some are for the server, some for the domain, and others for the app.


                    This is the best way to get to the root of the issue.


                    -Jay