3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2008 3:15 PM by nickarls

Seam security s:hasRole in UI

gjeudy

Hi,

I use Seam 2.0.1GA and I found out an incorrect tip in the Seam security chapter: UI security.

I tried using:

<h:commandButton value="Create Rel Pkg" rendered="#{s.hasRole('USER')}"

action="#{packageAdminAction.startCreateReleasePackage}" />

but it always evaluated to false. So I changed it to:

<<h:commandButton value="Create Rel Pkg" rendered="#{identity.hasRole('USER')}"

action="#{packageAdminAction.startCreateReleasePackage}" />

and now it works.

Can someone please confirm this is a bug? The s.hasRole expression is properly processed in @Restrict annotation on component security.

I suggest that the UI usage be made consistent with component security @Restrict usage.

Thanks,
      -Guillaume

• 1. Re: Seam security s:hasRole in UI

Documentation:

s:hasRole(

Your code:

s.hasRole(

Does that answer your question?

• 2. Re: Seam security s:hasRole in UI
            gjeudy

D'oh, thanks for seeing the obvious. works great with s:hasRole

Now comes the next question, I didn't know you could use semi-colon notation in an EL expression, can somebody tell me what makes it different from the regular dot (.) notation ?

It's often good to know why things are such a way in order to remember it.

Thanks,
            -Guillaume

• 3. Re: Seam security s:hasRole in UI
              nickarls

I don't think a colon has any special meaning in normal EL but Seam has an own EL-resolver so they are free to use whatever they like. It is probably needed anyway in order to separate it from a normal EL-resolve involving an variable named s.