8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2008 1:41 PM by Dave Rathnow

Embedded JBoss, Maven, and the ubiquitous Jar

Dave Rathnow Novice

For the most part, I've managed to figure out how to setup Embedded JBoss with Eclipse so I can run my unit tests. Now I'm trying to figure out how to setup my Maven pom.xml file so that I can run my tests from the command line with Maven.

After muddling around with the jar file dependencies, I'm stuck with the following exception:

Error installing to Start: name=ResourcesToDeploy3 state=Create
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Unable to find deployDir from url: file:/c:/developer/fdexec/Applications/bridge/target/test-classes/deploy/
      at org.jboss.embedded.DeploymentGroup.getDeployerDirUrls(DeploymentGroup.java:536)
      at org.jboss.embedded.DeploymentGroup.getDeployerDirUrlsFromResource(DeploymentGroup.java:52
      2)

There are more of these but all the errors refer to the directories and files required by Embedded JBoss to start. All the the directory and files do exist on disk in the location specified in the exception.

As Maven does, my project is separated into two jars, one containing the production code and the other all the test code. The test jar file contains all the deployment directories and files.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
      Dave.