4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2008 9:03 PM by dan.j.allen

HibernatePersistenceProvider and seam 2.0.2

We have recently upgraded from seam 2.0.0 to 2.0.2 and are now getting exception on the HibernatePersistenceProvider :

21:03:10,000 INFO  Version Hibernate Search 3.0.0.GA
      21:03:11,156 WARN  HibernatePersistenceProvider Unable to wrap into a FullText
      SessionProxy, regular SessionProxy returned
      java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
              at org.jboss.seam.persistence.HibernatePersistenceProvider.proxySession(
      HibernatePersistenceProvider.java:98)

without any changes in our code and we are not using Hibernate Search (yet). The upgrade was done by just dropping the jboss-seamxx.jar files in the .ear and .war archives.

Any ideas ?

--

Aage Nielsen
      System architect
      Lenio A/S - www.lenio.dk

• 1. Re: HibernatePersistenceProvider and seam 2.0.2
          epbernard

Hi
          I double checked the code and I don't quite understand how it happens. The part of code dealing with that has not changed since 2.0.0
          Can you revert back and see if it happens?
          Did you change any other thing in your environment?

• 2. Re: HibernatePersistenceProvider and seam 2.0.2

We have degraded to 2.0.0 and everything works fine.

We did however an upgrade on Richfaces to the 3.2.1 - could that be an issue ?

• 3. Re: HibernatePersistenceProvider and seam 2.0.2
              epbernard

I guess Richfaces should not influence.
              Does the dvdstore and blog demo work in your environment?

• 4. Re: HibernatePersistenceProvider and seam 2.0.2
                dan.j.allen

First, if you are not using Hibernate Search yet, there is really no harm in this message. It is telling you that the Hibernate Search version of the Hibernate Session could not be created, so it just falls back to the regular Hibernate Session. Look further down in the stack trace and see if there is something related to the Hibernate Search instantiation that is failing. My guess is that while it sees the Hibernate Search API, there is another class missing that Hibernate Search needs to load properly.

As a quick explanation, Seam looks to see if one of the classes in the Hibernate Search API is present. If so, it tries to instantiate the Hibernate Search Session Proxy constructor. If that instantiation fails, it just falls back to instantiating the regular Hibernate Session Proxy constructor.