0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 11:12 PM by System Administrator

using wsconsume and wsrunclient with Seam app

System Administrator Expert

Seam 2.0.1.GA

Are there any Seam examples that have web service clients in them in the Seam distro or elsewhere?

I am trying to call a web service method (for my first time) from a Seam app and have been unsuccessful thus far.

I am following the info in this JBoss wiki.

I have used wsconsume to reverse engineer java classes based on a URI for a WSDL file.

When I run wsrunclient I am running into an error I don't understand.

javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: The input was not a valid SOAP message because it
      has either wrong name which is Envelope or wrong namespace which is http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope.

at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.getSOAPFaultException(SOAPFaultHelperJAXWS.java:69)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.binding.SOAP12BindingJAXWS.throwFaultException(SOAP12BindingJAXWS.java:117)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonSOAPBinding.unbindResponseMessage(CommonSOAPBinding.java:553)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.CommonClient.invoke(CommonClient.java:371)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:243)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:164)
       at org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.client.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:150)
       at $Proxy19.matchAddress(Unknown Source)
       at AddressMatchClient.main(AddressMatchClient.java:33)

I started looking at how to create web service client from JBDS/Eclipse.  The directions in the help file refer to Axis run-time environment.

Any advice for this? 

Also, need to know the best way to integrate the WSDL-to-java generated code and client class into the Seam project structure.  Should this be a separate folder, or separate project, etc?

We're trying to stick with the seam-gen'd one folder method rather than the JBDS four higher-level folder method (e.g. project, project-ejb, project-ear, project-test).

By the way, what is the purpose or advantage of the four project/folder method that JBDS does?