6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2008 4:40 AM by monkkey

Stateless wiht state?

monkkey

Hi people, Somebody know why an attribute of stateless exists between various request?
      I have a stateless with an attribute, in the first invocation i instanciate it, after... in the second invocation, before instanciate it again, continues instanciated.

Is normal this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Stateless wiht state?
          sander

The object is returned to the pool. When requesting a new object they will come from the instance pool, how many objects are in the pool depends on your config.

Because you'll probably use only one user for testing/dev you get the same instance the whole time.

Just don't use object scoped vars in stateless beans, there are statefull beans to do that.

• 2. Re: Stateless wiht state?
            monkkey

Hi Sander, thanks for your answer.

Yes, i use a stateless with an attribute for manage the crud operations. This is bad? I think that use a stateful for this is too much.

this is my code:

@Stateless
            @Name("proyectosAction")
            public class ProyectosActionBean implements ProyectosAction {

@PersistenceContext
                    EntityManager em;

private Proyecto nuevoProyecto;

public String editProyecto(Long id) {
                            this.setNuevoProyecto(em.find(Proyecto.class, id));
                            return "editarProyecto";
                    }

public String guardadProyecto() {
                            em.merge(this.getNuevoProyecto());
                            return this.listarProyectos();
                    }

I have an error when try paste my xhtml here :(.

If I don't set the attribute nuevoProyecto then I have an error, when the page render I obtain the error nuevoProyecto is null'

Thanks and sorry for my writing. I learn.

• 3. Re: Stateless wiht state?
              sander

Then make it a statefull bean.

I don't actually know when to use statefull and stateless in seam because I don't use ejb3 for my components. But look at the examples how is it handled in there you'd might get something out of it.

Furthermore; some reading on ejb3 could help you a bit understanding it all. Why are you using it in the first place, why not using only the servlet?

• 4. Re: Stateless wiht state?
                admin.admin.email.tld

If the EJB is a backing bean for your JSF, then you should use a SFSB, especially if you need to maintain the client's state (@Begin and @End Seam annotations).

Stateless session beans are typically used when you don't need to maintain the client's state (e.g. a credit card verification service that can also be exposed as a web service).

read the Seam ref pdf that comes with the Seam distro as well as JSR 220 core.  also look at the hotel booking example code.

• 5. Re: Stateless wiht state?
                  monkkey

Hi thanks to both. Yes, I use a SLSB whit a conversation, it is the correct manner.
                  I should love more to the SFSB and use less SLSB :)

Thanks again!
                  Bye.

• 6. Re: Stateless wiht state?
                    monkkey

I want say SFSB, no SLSB