2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2008 3:39 PM by jfrankman

Seam 1.2 to 2.0.1GA - Unable to bootstrap

I have just finished upgrading a project from Seam 1.2 to seam 2.0.1.GA. I am having trouble with the unit tests and the embedded container. I have removed the old embeddedejb3 directory from my classpath and have replaced it with the bootstrap directory that gets created with the seam-gen tool. However, I am getting the following error when I try to run a TestNG unit test:

FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeClass init
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to bootstrap:
              at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.bootstrapURL(Bootstrap.java:147)
              at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.bootstrap(Bootstrap.java:183)
              at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.bootstrap(Bootstrap.java:195)
              at org.jboss.seam.mock.EmbeddedBootstrap.startAndDeployResources(EmbeddedBootstrap.java:11)
              at org.jboss.seam.mock.BaseSeamTest.startJbossEmbeddedIfNecessary(BaseSeamTest.java:1041)
              at org.jboss.seam.mock.BaseSeamTest.startSeam(BaseSeamTest.java:935)
              at org.jboss.seam.mock.BaseSeamTest.init(BaseSeamTest.java:923)
              at org.jboss.seam.mock.SeamTest.init(SeamTest.java:42)
      Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: file:/C:/dev/eclipseworkspace2/nexus-poc-2/bootstrap/conf/bootstrap-beans.xml@50,41
              at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:128)
              at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:132)
              at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.xml.BeanXMLDeployer.deploy(BeanXMLDeployer.java:85)
              at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.deployBaseBootstrapUrl(Bootstrap.java:130)
              at org.jboss.embedded.Bootstrap.bootstrapURL(Bootstrap.java:142)
              ... 29 more
      Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBRuntimeException: {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}incallback not found as a child of {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}bean
              at org.jboss.xb.binding.sunday.unmarshalling.SundayContentHandler.startElement(SundayContentHandler.java:248)
              at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser$DelegatingContentHandler.startElement(SaxJBossXBParser.java:299)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
              at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
              at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:124)
              ... 33 more
      ... Removed 22 stack frames
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeMethod begin
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @AfterMethod end
      SKIPPED CONFIGURATION: @AfterClass cleanup

I am stuck now because I have no idea what is causing this error. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Seam 1.2 to 2.0.1GA - Unable to bootstrap
          jnusaira

you also updated the thirdparty jars, jboss-embedded jar, etc as well i assume?

• 2. Re: Seam 1.2 to 2.0.1GA - Unable to bootstrap

I update all the jars according to the documentation in the Seam-migration.txt. However, it is possible that I missed one so I made doubly sure and copied them all over again into my project in case I missed one. So I think that I have updated all the correct jars. However I am still getting and error. It might be that I also have an older jar that did not have the same name that maybe is still on the class path. However, I have no idea what specific jars I should be looking for based on the error message I am getting.