I did some things to move these lookups outside of @Startup components. Lookup still fail.
I see the exact jndi name I am trying to lookup in the log file when the SLSB was installed. Makes no sense. I see it but the top level lookup key is reported as not bound.
As in lookup(
ec20/b/c) returns javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ec20 not bound
Please post code and a full stack trace.
I have since determined this is not a Seam issue. It seems to be a 5.0.0RC1 issue. I moved the startup code into a servlet configured with load-on-startup and the problem still occurs. It looks like the app server is executing startup methods that need to use EJBs before the EJBs are bound in jndi. This is now posted in the JBoss EJB3 forum.