4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2007 3:54 AM by julien1

Unit test framework

I have imported in the SVN the initial source tree for the unit test framework.

The status is that it is usable but missing:

- more meta tests (i.e the tests that test the framework)
      - an integration with Ant and Maven
      - an integration with JUnit XML reporter

But I decided to import it in order to be helped on the previous items (and possibly others).

The module is imported in the trunk test module https://svn.jboss.org/repos/portal/modules/test under the "unit" name and use the package org.jboss.unit

It uses Java 5, so in order to use it with the current build, one need to edit the file local.properties that the build creates and add

javac.source=1.5
      javac.target=1.5

The test of the framework are based on java (since the framework does not test itself) and it can be triggered using the "test" target.

The unit module is not built yet by the full build because the rest of the module still uses 1.4. It could uses Java 5 but would produce Java 5 jars for their next snapshot version and we have not yet started to migrate the modules snapshot to Java 5.

• 1. Re: Unit test framework

The next step will be to align the "test" module to extend the test framework using the remote extension that is already developed here.

• 2. Re: Unit test framework

I have implemented the keyword tagging feature for pojo tests which allow to annotate a class or a method with keywords in order to easy filter tests during execution.

• 3. Re: Unit test framework

The current status is that today I have locally the test suite for web and portlet container module migrated, there are a couple of things to finish before I can commit.

• 4. Re: Unit test framework

I finished the migration of web and portlet container module, everything is fine now and it meets my expectations:

- faster
                - no more hacks
                - direct HTML reporting (no more )
                - no dependencies over the build system

etc...