5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2007 8:47 PM by julien1

JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

bdaw

I added a wiki page about JBoss Unit design. Currently its only about ant / maven support. Feel free to comment:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossUnitDesign

• 1. Re: JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

I have started to add a jpda option (very incomplete but works), for now it is

<tests jpda="true" ...>...</>

which set remoting debugging on port 8000, it works for now, it will need a more serious configuration and probably at the jboss-unit level rather.

• 2. Re: JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

We need the capability to be able to set parameters on Main that will be used as global parameters (overriden naturally by the jboss-unit.xml values).

From ant we need to be able to set them from the jboss-unit task, in order to pass an ant property to a test execution such as:

<jboss-unit>
             <tests ...>
             <parameter name="foo" value="${foo_value}"/>
             </tests>
            </jboss-unit>

<jboss-unit>
             <parameter name="foo" value="${foo_value}"/>
            </jboss-unit>

from the command line we would have the matching equivalent.

• 3. Re: JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

I am going to add the following for the test driver:

public interface DriverContext
              {
               String getProperty(String name);
              }

and on the TestDriver interface the following methods:

void init(DriverContext context);
              void destroy();

I need to have proper demarcation of the life cycle of a test driver, which is needed in various places. I also need test driver configuration which is different from parameters. A test driver configuration is something like the local directory that would contain archives to deploy, or the initial node id in a distributed test.

Those would be added to the jboss-unit.xsd as well as runtime switches.

• 4. Re: JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

I ended up introducing a TestRunnerContext instead of the TestFilter for running tests:

public interface TestRunnerContext
                {
                 TestFilter getFilter();
                 Map<String,String> getProperties();
                }

Properties are propagated to test drivers so they can use it for configuration during the life cycle phase I introduced (which is a good idea imho).

I plan to move runner listener support to TestRunnerContext instead of making it part of the TestRunner interface, so basically remove the add/remove listener and rather have a fireEvent(TestRunnerEvent) on the TestRunnerContext which will provide more flexiblity.

• 5. Re: JBoss Unit design (ant and maven support)

I think we should move in Ant the section and scope it per . Indeed, one invocation of the command line will put all the reports and having several using the same file on the disk will likely produce overwrites.