3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2008 8:36 AM by nimo22

New EntityInstance via SessionBean

nimo22

Hello,

I have EJB-Project.

In the WEB-INF/classes, I have a POJO called Pojo.java.

In my EJB, I have a SessionBean called SessionBean and an EntityBean called Entity.

Now, I want to create a new Instance of my Entity within my Pojo. All works with Injection via @In:

public class Pojo {

// to retrieve the methods of my EJB-Bean
      @In
      SessionBean sessionBean;

@In
      Entity entity;

}

All works, but I have doubts bout that:

Should I create a new Instance of my Entity via the interface of my SessionBean or can I create the Instance via the Seam-Managed-Entity? What is better?

• 1. Re: New EntityInstance via SessionBean
          nimo22

When I reference my SessionBean via the @Local or the @Remote-Annotation, then I do not know, if the injection of my EntityBean (which is definitly not a SessionBean) works.

Any Suggestions?

• 2. Re: New EntityInstance via SessionBean
            thejavafreak

What do you mean by creating new Instance? Do you mean by instantiating it with new Entity() ?
            Of course it is better that Seam provides your entity by injecting it with @In. :-)

• 3. Re: New EntityInstance via SessionBean
              nimo22

Yes, I mean instantiating.

What about distributed systems and EJB. In EJB I have (one or more) Interfaces between my sessionBeans and my viewBeans. My viewBeans have access to methods of my sessionBeans via the Interface and via the @EJB-Injection. So, when I use the @In, I do not need any Interfaces ?? I do not have an Interface between my entityBean and my viewBean! However, can inject a new Instance of my entityBean in my viewBean via @In, but this is not the idea of what EJB stands for: MethodInvocation via Interfaces.

However, I can instantiate my entityBean in my sessionBean and have indirectly instantiate it by injecting my sessionBean to my viewBean via @EJB. Is this the clean way?

What do you think about that?