Session management

rbhayani
      Hi All,

Session management problem.

I have added,

<session-config>
                  <session-timeout>2</session-timeout>
      </session-config>

in my web.xml What I want is that, once the session expires the user must be redirected to login.xhtml. To achieve this I have added the snippet given below in pages.xml

<exception class="javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException" >
              <redirect view-id="/login.xhtml">
                  <message>Your session has timed out, please try again</message>
              </redirect>
          </exception>

When the session times out after 2 minutes and I try to submit any data, it directs me to login.xhtml. However if I just try to browse the other links of the applications it takes me to all those pages showing null data everywhere. I was expecting that this browsing must too redirect the User to login.xhtml and indicate that the session has expired.

How do I achieve this? Am I going wrong some where.

regards,
      Raziya
        • 1. Re: Session management
          sjmenden

I recommend you read: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/ImplementingGracefulSessionTimeoutWithSeamJSFAndJQuery   post back if you have further questions.

• 2. Re: Session management
            mcoffin

Will this work for you:

Ensure your login.xhtml pages is at the top (root) of the web, and the pages you want to secure under /app/ or what ever you want to call it.

pages.xml

<page view-id="/app/*" login-required="true">
                </page>

<exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.NotLoggedInException">
                    <redirect view-id="/login.xhtml">
                        <message severity="warn">You must be logged in to use this feature, if you were previously logged in your session may have timed out.</message>
                    </redirect>
                </exception>