1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 8:09 AM by rodrigo.uchoa

Conflict between seam and JTATransactionFactor in persistence.xml ?

taccart.thierry.accart.name

Hi

I'm wondering has ever experienced this :
      I've set up hibernate.transaction.factory_class to org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory and hibernate.session_factory_name in persistence.xml because part of classes are building hibernate sessions and managing transactions by themself.
      The components.xml is the default generated one from seam-gen (seam 2.0.1)

The application (both SEAM ui and other classes) seems  to work fine, by the log contains plenty of warnings for AbstractEntityManagerImpl (Cannot join transaction, not a JoinableCMTTransaction).

Does defining  a hibernate.transaction.factory_class cause some incompatibilities with seam default config ?

• 1. Re: Conflict between seam and JTATransactionFactor in persistence.xml ?
          rodrigo.uchoa

I'm having the same issue...

I have a need in my applcation to change the timeout value of a transaction programmatically. In order to do that, I had to set the property hibernate.transaction.factory_class to

to org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory otherwise calls to session.getTransaction() would throw an exception.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, except that I keep getting a warning:

[AbstractEntityManagerImpl] Cannot join transaction: do not override hibernate.transaction.factory_class

So I'm wondering the same thing. Is it a problem to configure a "factory_class" while also using "seam managed transactions" ?