7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2008 5:25 PM by mdesignz

Problem with e:mergeCells?

mdesignz

Environment:
      Seam 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Inclusion of 
      <e:mergeCells startRow="10" endRow="10" startColumn="0" endColumn="4"/>
      as a child of the <e:worksheet> tag, results in:
      Expression Error: Named Object: org.jboss.seam.excel.ui.command.UIMergeCells not found.

I confirmed this by adding the above line in the repeat.xhtml file of the examples immediately after the <e:worksheet> tag.

• 1. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
          nickarls

Confirmed by looking at taglib file, I forgot to update the names when I refactored the commands into a separate package, resulting in failure for all commands. Apparently people don't use them that much ;-)

Committed the fix to trunk but RC1 is already tagged so it will be in GA (you could pick up a nightly build if you want to get the fix before that)

From the category of Oh, it's just a minor refactoring, no need to test it...

• 2. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
            mdesignz

Hi,
            I grabbed the latest nightly 2.1 build (320) and repeated the above, with the same results.  I also grabbed the lastest 2.1 from svn, also with the same results.

• 3. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
              nickarls

Hmm. Works for me and it is committed. Of course, the offer is only valid if the latest nightly build actually succeeded (having problems accessing Hudson currently). Could you check your seam-excel.taglib in the META-INF in the jboss-seam.excel.jar. It should

<component-type>org.jboss.seam.excel.ui.command.UIMergeCells</component-type>

for mergeCells (note the .command.)

• 4. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
                nickarls

Should have been in the 320 build also, see that you don't have some old libs around (and check if the .command. is in the taglib)

• 5. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
                  mdesignz

Hmmm...very odd.  I just grabbed the latest 321 build, added a e:mergeCells tag in the repeat.xhtml file (immediately after the worksheet tag) in the excel examples.  Executed the ant build, started up JBoss 4.2.3.GA (just installed), and got this:

18:51:20,322 ERROR [application] JSF1004: Cannot instantiate component of type org.jboss.seam.excel.ui.command.UIMergeCells
                  18:51:20,329 ERROR [STDERR] Oct 1, 2008 6:51:20 PM com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException
                  SEVERE: Error Rendering View[/repeat.xhtml]
                  javax.faces.FacesException: Expression Error: Named Object: org.jboss.seam.excel.ui.command.UIMergeCells not found.

It looks like the taglib is correct. 

• 6. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
                    nickarls

Bug confirmed, my bad. Forgot to commit the changes in the jboss-seam-excel.jar META-INF/faces-config.xml. Should be in next nightly. If you are in a hurry, you could edit them yourself and run ant jarexcel for the fix.

• 7. Re: Problem with e:mergeCells?
                      mdesignz

I modified the faces-config.xml and it works perfectly!
                      Thank you!