14 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2008 4:53 PM by Pete Muir

Stop parameter propagation.

Francisco Jose Peredo Noguez Master

Hi!
      All I want is to jump from an already started transaction into a new transaction. And I almost succeed, but now, it turns out some information from the old transaction is leaking into the  new transaction! (Note the propagation="none")

<s:link propagation="none" action="#{someController.someAction}" value="{someController.someName}">
      </s:link>  

Well, even with propagation="none" page parameters defined in the .page.xml are being propagated to the new conversation! How can I stop them from propagating?

I even tried with combining h:commandLink/a4j:commandLink with s:conversationPropagation instead of s:link but s:conversationPropagation also propagates the page parameters!. I also tried with a plain h:commandLink/a4j:commandLink but then it does not stop conversation propagation.

I need a way to specify propagation="none" and page-parameter-propagation="off". Is there a way?  I am starting to think that an h:outputLink may be the only answer but the problem is h:outputLink doesn't support calling actions.