0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2008 10:59 AM by v.masterov

Removing variable from context and nested conversation

v.masterov

My trouble is that I need to refresh the list when I return from nested conversation into parent conversation context, and I cannot find the way to do it. I try the following. .

I have Factory-bean(DataTableFactory), Home-bean(MovieHome) and two pages(page1.xhtml and page2.xhtml).
      My DataTableFactory class have factory method:

@Factory("movies", scope = ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
      public List<Movie> getMovies() {
          return em.createQuery("select movie from Movie movie").getResultList();
      }

page1.xhtml contains

<h:dataTable var="item" value="#{movies}">

i.e. when page1.xhtml is rendered movies is put into conversationContext. Also page1.xhtml contains
      <s:link value="Create new movie" action="#{home.movie.beforeNew}"/>

When I click this link beforeMethod is called in MovieHome class:

@Name("home.movie")
      public class MovieHome extends EntityHome<Movie> {
          public void beforeNew() {
              clearInstance();
              info("conversation.id = #{conversation.id}, movies = #0", Contexts.getConversationContext().get("movies"));
              Contexts.getConversationContext().remove("movies");
              info("movies = #0", Contexts.getConversationContext().get("movies"));
              Conversation.instance().beginNested();
              return "/page2.xhtml";
          }
      }

and I get the following log:

conversation.id = 6, movies (before remove) = [Movie(...) ...]

movies (after remove) = null

Later, when page2.xhtml is rendered I have nested conversation with number 8. On debug.seam page I select parent conversation (with number 6) and see than movies remained in context !

Of course when I return to page.xhtml the value of the movies variable remained in the parent context and the list is not refreshed (-:
      But if I do not start the nested conversation, movies is removed from context.