6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2008 12:29 PM by Frank Bitzer

Integrate JSF and Seam into a website

Frank Bitzer Newbie

Hi all,

I'm going to develop a new website soon. It's main goal is to present a company's products, so there is not much application logic and basically, using PHP or even plain HTML/CSS would be sufficient.

However, we want to integrate an existing Seam/RichFaces application that allows our customers to log in and to do some interactions. So the website is going to have two parts, a presentational part mainly consisting of static html and an interactive part, a Seam powered web application. These two parts should be integrated seamlessly, for example the Login box should appear on each particluar page.

Now I'm about to find the best way to achieve this goal. The first, probably easiest and most obvious solution is to use JSF/Seam/Richfaces for the static parts of the page, too.
      However, I'm concerned whether this is a waste of resources: JSF is known not to be the fastest web framework, since according to the JSF lifecycle, the whole component tree is parsed and evaluated on each single request.

This leads to the following question:
      when I use usual HTML tags (p, div, ...) in an JSF/Seam application instead of things like h:outputText, are these HTML elements considered in the request processing, too? Or are they just skipped and result in a better performance?

Are there any suggested approaches for my scenario in general?

Thanks in advance,
      Frank