3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 5:34 PM by matthieugd

s:link inside datatable and parameter

matthieugd

.Hello,

I try to add an s:link inside a richfaces datatable which opens a new window (or new tab) by calling a action with an object as parameter

Here's my datatable :

<rich:column headerClass="caption">
                       <f:facet name="header"></f:facet>
                       <h:commandLink id="lienModifierCompte" target="_blank" 
      rendered="#{dossier.compteExistant}" 
      action="#{consultationCompte.consulterCompte(dossier)}">modifier</h:commandLink>

<s:link id="lienCréerCompte" 
      rendered="#{!dossier.compteExistant}" 
      action="#{creationCompte.initCreationCompte(dossier)}" value="créer"/>                                
                  </rich:column>

My search bean as the list as DataModel :

@Stateful
      @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
      @Name("recherchePersonne")
      public class RecherchePersonneBean implements RecherchePersonne {

@EJB
           private DifSF service;

/**
            * Collection résultat
            */
           @DataModel
           private List<Dossier> dossierResultats;
      (...)

And the bean called by the s:link :

@Begin
      public void initCreationCompte(Dossier dossier) {
        currentDossierDIF = dossier;          
      }

The h:commandlink works but the dossier parameter of the s:link is always null. I've seen the booking example and it seems to be the same as my requirement but I can't find my problem. When I execute the booking sample one difference is the href generated, the dataModelSelection argument is missing in the URL generated in my datatable but I don't see where does it come, the bean HotelSearchingAction defined only a DataModel (the search result list) but no dataselectionmodel.

http://localhost:8080/seam-booking/main.seam?actionMethod=main.xhtml%3A
      hotelBooking.selectHotel%28hot%29&cid=12&dataModelSelection=hot%3Ahotels%5B4%5D

and mine is :

http://localhost:8080/dif/resultatRecherche.seam?actionMethod=resultatRecherche.xhtml%3
      AcreationCompte.initCreationCompte%28dossier%29&cid=2

The Dossier class is a POJO from a jar library, it's not a component defined.

I've seen this thread (http://seamframework.org/Community/ConversationLifecycleQuestion ) with the same problem.

• 1. Re: s:link inside datatable and parameter
          matthieugd

I found my problem in the EL expression of the rich:datable value I use :

<rich:dataTable id="resultats" value="#{myBean.dossierResultats}" var="dossier" />

and not :

<rich:dataTable id="resultats" value="#{dossierResultats}" var="dossier" />

which is working

I look at the source of the s:link component and the getParentUIData returned a HtmlDataTable where the getValue() return null and not the collection.

Matthieu

• 2. Re: s:link inside datatable and parameter
            zergspirit

Your parameter inside an action call of a s:link can't work because of how it's generated jsf cycle wise, so you should use a h:commandLink there.

Anyway, since apparently you want to perform some basic CRUD action here, I'd strongly advise you to use EntityHome, which avoid a lot of conversation issues and are very easy to use. See the docs of the Wiki knowledge base to kow more about it.

• 3. Re: s:link inside datatable and parameter
              matthieugd

Adrien Orsier wrote on Jan 05, 2009 16:18:
              Your parameter inside an action call of a s:link can't work because of how it's generated jsf cycle wise, so you should use a h:commandLink there.

I don't unterstand your answer, my s:link works indeed with the correct EL expression ie value="#{dossierResultats}" instead of value="#{myBean.dossierResultats}"

Have you look to the booking example ? It uses a s:link inside a datatable.