3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2009 8:32 PM by norman

Upgrading from Seam 2.0 to 2.1

goalspring

Hi, sorry in advance for the silly question, but how do I upgrade from Seam 2.0 to Seam 2.1.  I'm not using Maven, I already have a tree that has a bunch of the Seam libraries, together with some other libraries in a lib directory.  The seam 2.1 package has a bunch of libraries, some having to do with Seam, and some which it depends on such as facelets, hibernate, etc.  Should I just replace all the libraries?  Is there anything else I need to replace?  If there is documentation on it I'd appreciate it, but the migration docs only talked about what to change in your code, not how to do the migration itself.  Thanks in advance.

- e

• 1. Re: Upgrading from Seam 2.0 to 2.1
          norman

The migration guide might be of some help.

• 2. Re: Upgrading from Seam 2.0 to 2.1
            goalspring

Hi, Norman, thanks for your response, however, the migration guide was the first thing I read.  As I said, it talked about what to do with your code when you upgrade.  I'm just looking for advice on WHICH LIBRARIES (jar files) to upgrade, and/or if there is anything else I need to change in my tree, which originally was generated by seam-gen but I haven't run seam-gen since then, and running it wouldn't really work for me because I've had to change the structure somewhat. Again, I'm not using maven.  Could you tell me, which parts of the seam-2.1 tree I should copy over into my application, to get the upgrades.

Is it JUST the files jboss-seam-....jar or all of the files in the lib directory, or more files?

• 3. Re: Upgrading from Seam 2.0 to 2.1
              norman

Sorry - I missed that part.  I would upgrade to any of the JARs that  are in the new version of Seam and check to see if any of the migration guide issue affect you.