2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 2:57 PM by kukeltje.ronald.jbpm.org

JPDL page flow, leaving and returning, conversation has ended

Hi,

is i possible to link a user from within a pageflow (the third page in the flow), to an external resource (in my case www.facebook.com), and then the user is redirected back to the page flow (page 3)?

Facebook have a linkback url that you can set so that should not be a problem, but when I manually enter my pageflow, and from page 3 I manually go to another site and then pasting in my page 3 link in the browser, I get a jsf message saying The conversation ended, timed out or was processing another request.

• 1. Re: JPDL page flow, leaving and returning, conversation has ended

I realized that s:link.... can be used to keep the conversation, however the s:link doesn't seem  to allow links to external resources in the view-id.

So my problem is still that I cannot create a dynamic link (created from my backing bean) to an external resource, without killing the seam conversation.

Any advice is appreciated.

• 2. Re: JPDL page flow, leaving and returning, conversation has ended
            kukeltje.ronald.jbpm.org

From seam docs (using google)

If you want to propagate a Seam conversation across a non-faces request, you need to explicitly code the Seam conversation id as a request parameter:

<a href="main.jsf?conversationId=#{conversation.id}">Continue</a>

Or, the more JSF-ish:

<h:outputLink value="main.jsf">
                <f:param name="conversationId" value="#{conversation.id}"/>
                <h:outputText value="Continue"/>
            </h:outputLink>

If you use the Seam tag library, this is equivalent:

<h:outputLink value="main.jsf">
                <s:conversationId/>
                <h:outputText value="Continue"/>
            </h:outputLink>