2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2010 12:39 PM by flopsi

Seam Welcome message after successful login

We have extended the Identity class and overriden the login message. After a succesful login, Seam is apparently generating a Welcome message: Welcome, [domain/user]. The message is generated after the login method is completed and before the Render Response phase of the page being loaded following a successful login. (We wrote a simple phase listener so we could see this).

The problem for us is that we have some rich:messages components on our home page that are picking up and displaying this message.

Is there a way to suppress the Seam Welcome message after a successful login?
        • 1. Re: Seam Welcome message after successful login
          clerum

simply go to the messages_en.properties file and delete the value in org.jboss.seam.loginSuccessful

• 2. Re: Seam Welcome message after successful login
            flopsi

Hello,

i have a question regarding the welcome message (and maybe other seam-generated messages):
            I realized that in my app the seam welcome message is bound to a control that has absolutely nothing to do with login. I always thought it is a global message?!?

I have two message areas, one for global and one for local messages. Because there is nothing like 'localOnly' attribute, i created a utility function that takes an array of control names and puts together the corresponding messages.
            But after a login i always see the welcome message. I debugged and found out that the welcome message is apparently bound to the 'branch' field of my user registration form.
            HOW can this be???

I surely could deactivate the welcome message in the resource bundle as you said, but i rather wanna know what happens here...

Thanks a lot, best regards
            Flo