4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2009 8:51 PM by alin.heyoulin.qq.com

Error Integrating Seam with Spring Web Services

darthmaul

I have a web application written almost entirely with Seam, and Seam manages all the web entry points to it. However, a small part of the application exposes some of the same functionality used by web clients through SOAP-based web services.  I have developed this using Spring Web Services.

The two components--the web entry-point component and the web service component--are largely separated from each other.  Still, I will be injecting some Seam components into my Spring WS beans to do the work of the service.

I have developed an XML schema for the service and used SWS' capabilities to publish a WSDL as part of the Seam web application deployment.  That works just fine.  I can deploy and look at the WSDL under the web application context through the browser perfectly.  The issue comes up when I try to inject my Seam component into the actual service.

I have included jboss-seam-ioc.jar in my deployment, and here is the relevant portion of my Spring configuration file (where the Seam component is named search):

<bean id="searchService" class="com.myapp.web.ws.search.SearchService">
              <property name="search" ref="internalSearch"/>
          </bean>
          <seam:instance id="internalSearch" name="search"/>

When I deploy the application with the Seam stuff in the Spring config file and then try to view the WSDL, I get this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No application context active
           at org.jboss.seam.Component.forName(Component.java:1912)
           at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1972)
           at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1950)
           at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1944)
           at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1939)
           at org.jboss.seam.ioc.spring.SeamTargetSource.getTarget(SeamTargetSource.java:85)
           at org.jboss.seam.ioc.spring.SeamFactoryBean.createInstance(SeamFactoryBean.java:97)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.AbstractFactoryBean.getObject(AbstractFactoryBean.java:146)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport$1.run(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:121)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:116)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.getObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:98)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1288)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:275)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:269)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:104)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1245)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:269)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:104)
           at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1245)

Here is the relevant part of my web.xml file:

<context-param>
              <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
              <param-value>/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml</param-value>
          </context-param>
          <!-- Seam -->
          <listener>
              <listener-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener</listener-class>
          </listener>
          <listener>
              <listener-class>com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener</listener-class>
          </listener>
          <filter>
              <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
              <filter-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamFilter</filter-class>
          </filter>
          <filter-mapping>
              <filter-name>Seam Filter</filter-name>
              <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
          </filter-mapping>
          <servlet>
              <servlet-name>Seam Resource Servlet</servlet-name>
              <servlet-class>org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamResourceServlet</servlet-class>
          </servlet>
          <servlet-mapping>
              <servlet-name>Seam Resource Servlet</servlet-name>
              <url-pattern>/seam/resource/*</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>
          <!-- Faces Servlet -->
          <servlet>
              <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
              <servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
              <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
          </servlet>
          <servlet-mapping>
              <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
              <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>
          <!-- Spring Web Services -->
          <listener>
              <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
          </listener>
          <servlet>
              <servlet-name>ws</servlet-name>
              <servlet-class>org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
          </servlet>
          <servlet-mapping>
              <url-pattern>/services</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-mapping>
              <url-pattern>*.wsdl</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-mapping>
              <url-pattern>*.ws</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>

Any insight into where I am off with the configuration is appreciated. 

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Error Integrating Seam with Spring Web Services
          darthmaul

After studying the Seam-Spring integration more, I added this to components.xml:

<spring:context-loader config-locations="/WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml"/>

And I got rid of that reference in web.xml.  The servlet mappings to the MessageDispatcherServlet remain the same.

However, I still get the same result.

Any insight is very much appreciated.

Thanks. 

• 2. Re: Error Integrating Seam with Spring Web Services

Take a look at free chapter from Seam in Action. Download

This might help.

• 3. Re: Error Integrating Seam with Spring Web Services
              hb3

Were you able to solve this error?  We are having the exact same issue here.  We have already read through the chapter suggested by Binesh, but it does not seem to provide any insight on how to integrate with Spring Web Services (which uses a different dispatcher servlet.)

For anyone else reading this:

1.  We get an error similar to the above if we configure the
                org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet within the web.xml.

2.  We removed the configuration from the web.xml and let seam start-up the org.springframework.ws.transport.http.MessageDispatcherServlet but we are getting a reflection error out of the seam library, looking for a field called configLocations on the MessageDispatcherServlet.

• 4. Re: Error Integrating Seam with Spring Web Services
                alin.heyoulin.qq.com

add 

<web:context-filter url-pattern="/services/*"/> 

to your compoent.xml

or add org.jboss.seam.webservice.SOAPRequestHandler to your webservice