6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 2:13 AM by joblini

Seam withouth EJB3 tradeoffs (discussion from Seam Framework book 2nd edition)

infinity2heaven

Having worked on a Seam/EJB3 project earlier, I'm recommending Seam to my new client. But the client insists on a non-ejb platform and I haven't worked on it except for running the seam jpa booking example. It seems fine to me until I read this chapter from the book:

Seam Framework - Experience the evolution of Java EE second edition book. Chapter 4 Seam without EJB3 Page 52

Pojo Tradeoffs:

- No support exists for declarative method-level transactions in Pojos, Instead you can configure Seam to demarcate a database transaction from the moment the web request
        is received until the response page is rendered

What does this mean? Isn't @Transactional on method level support declarative transactions on pojo? This is a strong statement and can shun away people from adopting Seam

- No transaction or component level persistence context exists. All persistence contexts in Seam Pojos are extended

what does that mean wrt to Seam jpa booking example?

- No Java Remoting (RMI) into Seam Pojo method exists

Does that mean, we can't use GWT?

I'd appreciate any comments from those who developed Seam without EJB3 (production)