5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2009 10:59 PM by gonorrhea

Seam pattern

mhdez

Hello everybody, I would like to know the patterns name used with seam because until now I´m not using no one.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Seam pattern
          norman

In general we use the Awesome pattern, and other times we go for the Really Great pattern.  Sadly the Well That Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time anti-pattern sometimes finds its way into the code.  Nobody's perfect, you know. :)

• 2. Re: Seam pattern
            barakka

Hi,

are you referring to design patterns (in which case you might wanted to ask what time is it :-) - Italian joke), or to naming conventions for components etc. like the ones they have in RoR?

Riccardo.

• 3. Re: Seam pattern
              mhdez

I´m referring to design patterns...

• 4. Re: Seam pattern
                joblini

Dependancey Injection (Inversion of Control)

• 5. Re: Seam pattern
                  gonorrhea

Norman Richards wrote on Mar 30, 2009 21:22:

In general we use the Awesome pattern, and other times we go for the Really Great pattern.  Sadly the Well That Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time anti-pattern sometimes finds its way into the code.  Nobody's perfect, you know. :)

These are the types of comments that make ppl view the Seam framework as a joke, esp. when the comments come from the core devs.

The most popular patterns I've come across in Seam apps are the following:

Bijection (a variation of dependency injection - dynamic, not static, includes injection+outjection+disinjection)

Data access object (DAO)

Factory component pattern (@Factory)

Manager component pattern (@Unwrap)

RaiseEvent/Observer (@RaiseEvent/@Observer)

DataModel outjection (@DataModel)

DataModelSelection injection (@DataModelSelection and @DataModelSelectionIndex)

the last two may not be officially design patterns but they are patterns specific to Seam that I've used extensively.  That's all I can think of for now...  somebody else pitch in?