2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 8:41 AM by jkronegg

Known hibernate bug in current Seam bundle

cmaslen

Hi all,

I've come across the hibernate bug logged in Jira Ticket HHH-952, and I've seen other posts here asking about upgrading hibernate.

So while I'm happy to upgrade my hibernate stack is there any reason why the Seam bundle hasn't upgraded from 3.2.4?

Christian.

• 1. Re: Known hibernate bug in current Seam bundle
          joblini

I also wonder why 3.2.4 is bundled with Seam.  I upgraded to 3.2.6.GA with no problems, just replace Hibernate3.jar.

I also upgraded to 3.3.1.GA, the latest stable relase, but this was a bit more complicated because quite a few dependant jars had to be updated.  Nevertheless, I have been running this configuration with Seam 2.1.1.GA for several monthes with no problem.

• 2. Re: Known hibernate bug in current Seam bundle
            jkronegg

I updated Hibernate jars from Seam 2.0.0.GA, Seam 2.1.1.GA and Seam 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT to Hibernate 3.3.1.GA and its compatible jars (search, entityManager, annotations, ...: see Hibernate website) : no problem found.

Maybe other Seam users can report to which Hibernate version they updated, so we can open a JIRA issue with a task Update to Hibernate version X.X.