After further investigation we could narrow the problem down to the regional settings.
Depending on the regional settings of the user that starts the JBoss AS: The German language is ignored or not.
Even though the LocaleSelector provides it and German can be selected, it won't be displayed. In the end the language configured in the user's regional settings is used (or the next following: English). Only German is affected, English, French and Italian do fine.
We tested it with the following:
German CAN be selected when using:
German CANNOT be selected when using:
- Mohawk (we tried some at random)
This behavior is completely inexplicable to me and I can't believe that nobody else has had that phenomenon. Would hope if at least someone could confirm the behaviour.
Thanks a lot in advance