1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2009 11:25 AM by niox.nikospara.yahoo.com

Passing parameters to rich components (tabPanel, dataScroller)

Is it possible to pass parameters to rich components like tabPanel and dataScroller? What I'd like to do is specify, for example (when I go to a page myTabPanel.xhtml) which of the tabs should be activated depending on where I navigated to myTabPanel.xhtml from. It always displays by default with the tab selected that's specified as being the default in myTabPanel.xhtml.

Also, with rich:dataScroller for rich:dataTable, when I navigate back to a page myDataScroller.xhtml from doing another action, I might like to have the dataScroller by default be on a particular page (i.e. not necessarily page 1) - this might be needed if we navigated away from page 3 of the results in the dataTable on myDataScroller.xhtml and want to come back to page 3 rather than page 1.

I realize my application code would need to keep track of which tab or page to be selected, but I really don't know how to pass these parameters to the components to change the default displayed value. Would this even be possible and if so, how? Thanks.